SPEAKER / FACILITATORPART OF MAKING ART IS THE BUSINESS OF ART-MAKING
SPEAKER / FACILITATOR / EMCEE / MENTOR
Working in marketing and public affairs for over 25 years, Shannon has acquired a deep understanding of how to create a successful and sustainable career in music –
Part of Making Art is the BUSINESS of Art-making.
As a result, Shannon presents at national and international conferences and professional industry seminars. As well, she provides music business workshops, mentoring high school and collegiate-level students who want to make a positive impact in their career.
Some of her recent speaking and facilitation engagements include:
- Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ – Nov. 2018
- Jazz Congress Inaugural Conference, NYC – Jan. 2018
- Jazz Education Network (JEN) Annual Conference, Dallas, TX – Jan. 2018
- AZ Association of Activity Professionals (AAAP) Annual Conference, Elder Care, Music & Memory, Tempe, AZ – Jan. 2018
- JazzHubs in America Initiative, Washington, D.C.; Pittsburgh, PA; Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ – May, June, Nov. & Dec. 2017
- JazzWeek Summit, San Jose, CA – Aug. 2017 & 2018
- Grab-A-Plate & Educate, Elder Care Series, Music & Memory, Phoenix, AZ – Aug. 2017
- Scottsdale Community College Music Department, Scottsdale, AZ – May 2016
- Arcadia High School Music Program, Scottsdale, AZ – Nov. 2015